KTA Sponsors Lyndon Institute’s GO! Get Outside Campaign
October 16th, 2019
Lyndon Institute would like to express its appreciation to the Kingdom Trails Association (KTA) for the mini-grant that will enable the construction of a yurt platform on the LI property at Binney Woods as part of LI’s GO! Get Outside Campaign.
Teachers Madeline Cobb, Jerald Leonard, Chris Manges, and Jill Nichols applied for the grant to construct a four-season yurt on the land. The team often leads students on outdoor learning adventures and has been looking for opportunities to expand its offerings.
Chris Manges, lead writer for the grant, said, “We’re thrilled to get this mini-grant. A yurt will make it possible to have overnight experiences or offer learning adventures in any kind of weather. The mini-grant will continue to foster an already strong relationship between KTA and LI. The goal is to have the LI community complete the structure by next fall.”
More information about both organizations can be found online at kingdomtrails.org and lyndoninstitute.org.
Posted in the category Front Page.
Add a Comment
- 11/19/19Lyndon Institute Hosts National Honor Society Induction
- 11/15/19First Quarter Honor Roll
- 11/14/1917 Years of Dance Collaboration Continues at the Annual VT State Dance Festival at Lyndon Institute
- 11/14/19Lyndon Institute Hires New General Manager for Fenton Chester Arena
- 11/6/19Lyndon Institute Announces Varsity Girl’s Basketball Coach