February 27, 2020 - Health & Wellness Information
February 27th, 2020
Dear Lyndon Institute Community:
The health, safety, and welfare of our community members has been and will always be our top priority. In light of recent news regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak in many parts of the world, Lyndon Institute is working closely with health experts and adhering to the guidelines and precautions presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure that our community remains healthy during this time. With that being said, there are no known cases of the coronavirus within our community.
Specifically, we are asking all of our students and employees who have traveled either domestically or abroad through major transportation hubs, airports or cities to simply check in with their healthcare provider if they do not feel well. Similarly, we will be asking all students of our residential program to check in with the School's nurse upon returning to LI at the end of winter break.
Additionally, there are some basic yet very effective steps that we can all take to keep ourselves and community at large healthy including:
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
While we are not aware of any cases of the coronavirus within our community, we are keenly vigilant that this has been a severe cold and flu season. The simple steps outlined above will be helpful in keeping all of us healthy. Nonetheless, we will continue to monitor this situation very closely and will update our community as needed. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me with your questions, comments or concerns at [email protected] or by calling Lyndon Institute at 802-535-3636.
Head of School
Posted in the category Front Page.