The support of alumni, parents, and friends of LI who remember the School with bequests and life income gifts is a significant factor in preserving LI's future.
Bequests, gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts and lead trusts are examples of planned gifts. Making a planned gift can help you make a meaningful gift while attaining other important financial goals.
By making such gifts, not only do you contibute to LI, but you may also increase your income, enjoy a charitable deduction, and avoid taxes on your capital gains.
- Bequests - the simplest way to include LI in an estate plan is to make a bequest to the School through a will or to add a codicil to an existing will. You may designate a specific amount, a percentage or a share of the residue.
- Real Estate - make a gift of an asset no longer needed and generate an income tax deduction.
- Tangible Personal Property - share a collection or other personal items.
- Retirement Funds - IRA's or other employee benefit plans.
- Gift of Life Insurance - paid up life insurance policies with LI as the owner and beneficiary support the School and allow the donor to claim a charitable deduction for the policy's cash surrender value.
Please contact Melissa Hall
in the development office about making a planned gift.