Join the Lyndon Institute Team
Candidates interested in any available position at Lyndon Institute should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three current letters of recommendation to:
Human Resources Director
PO Box 127
Lyndon Center, VT 05850
Lyndon Institute is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal and state laws related to fair employment practices. To the extent required by these laws, Lyndon Institute does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital/civil union status, national origin, sexual orientation, place of birth, military/uniformed service or veteran status, disability, genetic information, having a positive test result on an HIV related blood test or other legally-protected classification.
There are 7 jobs available.
- General Manager - FCAExpand for MoreStart Date: 09/01/2020Location: Fenton Chester Arena
This position is a part-time position from September 1st thru April and reports directly to the Director of Ancillary Programs.
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervise, train, and coordinate/schedules the activities of LI-FCA employees who assist with the daily operating and maintenance of the facility.
- Inspects and maintains the facility for cleanliness and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Participates in daily activities necessary to assure the facility operates effectively.
- Maintains programming schedules written and electronic accurately and completely.
- Provides coordination and oversight of LI-FCA sponsored programs.
- General knowledge of major equipment operation including the monitoring of gauges and timely maintenance of operating equipment.
- Able to operate hazardous equipment including by not limited to the Zamboni and skate sharpening equipment.
- Some night-time and weekend work.
Training and/or Experience
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree.
- Two years of supervisory experience, preferably in ice arena operations.
- Admissions CoordinatorExpand for More
Description:This position is a full-time, 12-month position and reports directly to the Assistant Head of Advancement.
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
● Cultivating and maintaining communications (through various means) with prospective boarding and day students and their families
● Representing Lyndon Institute in a variety of venues, including but not limited to campus tours, open house events, school presentations, school fairs and conferences.
● Traveling locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to recruit students and work with educational consultants
● Interviewing and evaluating applicants
● Developing and maintaining Admissions operation systems as needed, including office database, Admissions website page and online listings
● Analyzes data and identifies markets
● Works closely with other departments in Advancement (Marketing, Development, Ancillary Programs)
● Garners support from and provides support to faculty and administration
● Serves as DSO for LI in SEVIS and maintains working knowledge of immigration issues
● Some night-time and weekend work
● Other duties as assigned
Training and/or Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience required
● At least two years of Admissions experience preferred
- Library (MAC) MonitorExpand for More
It is the responsibility of the MAC Supervisor to:
- develop and maintain an orderly and respectful environment in a space that is both social and academic.
- monitor student behavior to ensure that it aligns with LI’s Covid-19 protocols.
- intercede in and correct student behaviors that interfere with maintaining a positive social or academic environment.
- 2 days per week; Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday: 7:00 am to 5:00
- model behavior that reflects Lyndon Institute’s Mission Statement.
Qualified applicants should be able and willing to actively monitor student behavior in a high school setting. Candidate needs to be able to relate to and communicate clearly and respectfully with students both in the MAC space and in the general school community.
- Maintenance TechnicianExpand for More
This position has primary responsibility for carrying out basic repairs to mechanical systems, plumbing systems, and fixtures to the extent of qualification by state law, including but not limited to, heating/cooling systems, plumbing systems, and waste systems.
Two years’ experience maintaining mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems, which includes knowledge and mastery of all related tools. Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints, schematics and construction sketches.
- Boys Varsity Hockey CoachExpand for More
Lyndon Institute has an opening for a Varsity Boys Hockey Coach. Experience and exemplary personal conduct is a requirement. In addition, all coaches must be certified or certifiable in Fundamentals of Coaching, First Aid for Coaches, and Concussion in Sports, as well as CPR/AED. Coach must be available weekdays from 3:30 p.m. on (depending on practice and game times), and also on weekends.
Applicants must have good social skills, sound personal and professional judgment, have extensive knowledge of the sport, experience playing the sport, and experience in coaching high school level athletes. Duties include but are not limited to coordinating practices/workouts, scheduling, monitoring player academics in conjunction with the Asst. Athletic Director, maintaining a solid roster number, organizing and managing camps and clinics, and promoting the program to the community, alumni, and fans.
- Substitute TeachersExpand for More
Lyndon Institute is adding to its substitute teacher roster!
We are looking for individuals that enjoy working with adolescents, are well organized, have a calm demeanor, have familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google tools, have the ability to work independently, and have excellent interpersonal skills. We have increased our pay rates for half and full days!
- Bus Driver - $500 SIGN-ON BONUSExpand for More
Lyndon Institute, a comprehensive independent high school in northeastern Vermont, is seeking applications for Bus Drivers. There is a $500 dollar sign-on bonus and the cost to obtain a CDL Class B School Bus Endorsement will be covered if needed. The right candidates will have the responsibility of a designated bus route in the morning and afternoon of school days. With the possibility of additional driving throughout the day and or on weekends for field trips, sports, etc. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, fingerprinting, and physical.
Transport children to and from school in the mornings and afternoons
Maintain a clean and mechanically-sound bus at all times
Obey all traffic laws
Perform pre/post trip inspections of the bus or vehicle
Ensure the safety of students at all times
High school diploma or GED
Clean Class B License with air brakes, Passenger & School bus endorsements
Familiar with DOT rules and requirements
At least 21 years of age
Minimum 3 years’ Bus driving experience
Skills & Abilities:
Strong organizational & time management skills
Positive attitude with a professional appearance
Willingness to learn and be coached as needed
Good verbal communication skills
Work well with others as a team member