As scholarship information becomes available, it will be posted at this site. Early in the year, most scholarships will be from large national groups. As the year progresses, more scholarship applications will become available from Vermont and local organizations. For complete information about any scholarship you might be interested in, stop by the Career and College Counseling Center.SunDoc Filings 2017 Scholarship Program
- This scholarship is to help the next generation of entrepreneurs. You must be a US Citizen to apply. You will need to write an essay on the topic "Why America is the Best Place to Start a Business." The essay will need to be 800-1,000 words and be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Deadline: July 1, 2017. Go to https://www.sundocumentfilings.com/general/scholarship-program
for more information on this scholarship. James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program
- Administered by Scholarship America. James Beard was a man who offered help and encouragement to people that were going to take up a culinary career. The James Beard Foundation has established scholarships to assist aspiring culinary professionals who plan to further their education at a licensed or accredited culinary school. Go to https://scholarshipamerica.org
, click on what we do, click on students, click on explore open scholarships, scroll to James Beard Foundation Scholarship Program, then click on sms.scholarsapply.org/jamesbeard for more information and to apply. Deadline: May 15, 2017.Planetdish.com Scholarship
- Seniors - This scholarship will be for applicants who are a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. currently attending or be attending an accredited college or University beginning in the fall of 2017. Applicants will need to write a 500 word essay that encourages critical thinking. Go to https://planetdish.com/dish-network-scholarship
for more information and to apply. Deadline: August 1, 2017.2017 Calvin Prize for Vermont Youth
- 2017 Writing Contest
- This writing contest is for writers ages 13 to 19 years of age who are currently living or attending school in the State of Vermont. You will need an article, essay, or poem under 800 words that best answers the prompt "Could Coolidge Win Today?" You will submit online. To learn more about the contest, and to do your Calvin Prize Submission go to https://coolidgefoundation.org/blog/2017-calvin-prize-for-vermont-youth/
. Deadline: May 19, 2017."Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship
- This scholarship is being offered to seniors in the U.S. that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Go to http://www.onlinembareport.com
and to the right click on scholarships to be awarded. Here you will find criteria, eligibility, and the application process for the "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship Program. Deadline: June 1, 2017."Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program
- This scholarship is being offered to high school seniors in the U.S. who are interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college. If you are interested, go to http://www.animationcareerreview.com/
and to the right click on scholarships to be awarded. Here you will find criteria, eligibility, and the application process for the "Aspiring Animation Professional". Deadline: June 1, 2017.2017 GetSafe Scholarship Essay Contest
- GetSafe Home Security is sponsoring an essay contest to help students whose lives have been touched by crime. You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for 2017-2018 school year. The essay must be 500-1,000 words. For more information on the essay topic and rules go to https://getsafe.com/scholarship
. Deadline: May 31, 2017.
Students could win scholarship money to help pay for college. There is no purchase or student loan necessary to enter. This is brought to you by Discover Student Loans. Go to https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/rules.html
for the official rules and information on how to enter and for deadlines.
Websites for Scholarship Opportunities
- from Outside Scholarships - Here are some sites that are available with scholarship information. Here they are: https://www.collegescholarships.org/financial-aid
, and https://scholarshipamerica.org/open-scholarships
. These are a few more places to look for scholarship information that may be helpful. 2017 Caledonia Maple Association Inc. Award
- The Caledonia Maple Association is sponsoring an award to a deserving graduating senior from Caledonia or Essex County High School. To be eligible to apply for this award, you must be involved with the production of maple products and Community Service Activities. For more information and to obtain the application, come to the Career and College Counseling Center (lower level of the MAC) and see Mrs. Baillargeon. Application Deadline: May 12, 2017.QASymphony Scholarship
- QA Symphony, a leading global provider of software testing tools designed to help agile development and QA teams create better software by improving speed, efficiency and collaboration during the testing process is offering a scholarship to high school students who graduate in 2017 and have been accepted into a college or university and students currently enrolled in a college or university. A short essay (500 min word) on "why you believe software development or software testing is important" is required. Application and essay are to be done online at https://www.qasymphony.com/scholarship
. Deadline: November 1, 2017. Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Award -
Abbott & Fenner are committed to helping those who have the desire and ambition to succeed. The scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on their topic of choice which is on the website. It should be between 500 and 1000 words. Submissions must be sent to them by email at email@example.com. Deadline: June 12, 2017. For more information go to https://www.abbottandfenner.com
for more information.
15th Annual WACE 2016-2017 National Co-Op Scholarship Program -
WACE encourages minority and female students and students interested in science, mathematics, engineering and technology to apply for this merit co-op scholarship. To be eligible you must apply to one of the ten WACE Partner Institutions which are: Clarkson University, Drexel University, Johnson & Wales University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York Oswego, The University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, University of Massachusetts Lowell, and Wentworth Institute of Technology. Applicants must be current high school seniors or transfer students and have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better. Go to www.waceinc.org
and click on co-op scholarship program for more information and click on scholarship partners page for deadlines.
National Society Daughter's of the American Revolution -
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution award many scholarships for students who will pursue degrees in history, law, nursing, education as well as general and an American Indian scholarship. Go to www.dar.org
to obtain information on these scholarships and their deadlines.Affordable Colleges.com -
Affordable Colleges.com has a guide that is a free resource which offers scholarships and financial aid information for all women pursuing higher education. They want to connect more female students with the financial opportunities they need. Go to www.affordablecolleges.com/scholarships-for-women
for more information and to look at what the site has to offer.