As scholarship information becomes available, it will be posted at this site. Early in the year, most scholarships will be from large national groups. As the year progresses, more scholarship applications will become available from Vermont and local organizations. For complete information about any scholarship you might be interested in, stop by the Career and College Counseling Center.New England Association for College Admission Counseling -(NEACAC's) 2017 Annual Essay Contest
- This is for high school juniors and seniors. You are invited to submit a 500-word essay on a topic New England Association for College Admission Counseling has picked. Go to http://www.neacac.org/essay-contest-information-application
to apply, submit essay, and obtain more information. Deadline: April 8, 2017. Elizabeth Brouha Senior Scholarship Program - Burklyn Arts Council
- This scholarship is for a graduating senior(s) who has demonstrated excellence in the arts, has been accepted at a college, and plans to major in the fine or performing arts. If you are interested in this scholarship come to the Career and College Counseling Center (lower level of the MAC) and see Mrs. Baillargeon for information and the application. The application and all support materials must be given to Mrs. McGregor who is located in the Town House by April 3, 2017. Mrs. McGregor will then bring all the applications and support materials to the Burklyn Arts Council. (Dom. & Int'l can apply) Knights of Columbus Sheridan Council 421
- There are three Scholastic Achievement Awards that are available: - (1) The Fr. Michael J. McGivney Award (Founder's Award)
- reserved for high school seniors who are sons or daughters of members of the Knights of Columbus Sheridan Council 421 who are in good standing and eligible to graduate in June. (2) The Sully Handy Vocational Education Award
- open to all high school seniors and qualify to graduate in June and are permanent residents of Vermont or New Hampshire. The award is intended for students who have pursued technical studies in their high school education or will pursue technical studies after graduation from high school such as associates or technical degree. (3) The Louis Bouffard Scholastic Achievement Award
- open to all high school seniors eligible to graduate in June. To obtain information and the application come to the Career and College Counseling Center and see Mrs. Baillargeon. Deadline: April 30, 2017. Scholarship Giveaway by fishingpicks.com
- This scholarship is for high school seniors, graduate, or undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or a permanent U.S. resident. If you are thinking of pursuing a career in Marketing, Business, IT, Communications, Health Sciences and other related categories, you should try for this scholarship. An essay of 300-600 words is required. For more information and how to apply go to http://fishingpicks.com/scholarship
. Deadline: August 30, 2017. Pine Hill Singers' Music Award
- This award will go to a graduating high school senior whose home residence is in northern New Hampshire or in northern Vermont. It is open to students attending public or private high schools and home schooled students. This is for a student who has demonstrated talent and proficiency in music and has shown involvement in school and community performance groups. You can obtain an application and information from Mrs. Baillargeon in the Career and College Counseling Center (lower level of the MAC). Deadline: May 1, 2017.Websites for Scholarship Opportunities
- from Outside Scholarships - Here are some sites that are available with scholarship information. Here they are: https://www.collegescholarships.org/financial-aid
, and https://scholarshipamerica.org/open-scholarships
. These are a few more places to look for scholarship information that may be helpful. George Coleman Scholarship
- sponsored by the New England Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (NEACRAO) - They will be awarding scholarships to promote and reward academic excellence and the pursuit of a post-secondary degree to three high school graduates who will be enrolling in a NEACRAO member institution for the fall semester of that year. Go to https://neacrao.org/about/scholarship-information
for online scholarship application (click on the highlighted applications near bottom of page) or you can obtain an application from the Career and College Counseling Center. Deadline: March 15, 2017.Alice Angney Scholarship for Leadership and Service - Vermont Superintendents Association
- This scholarship will recognize a high school senior who resides in Vermont. Selection is chosen on the basis of the student's initiative in overcoming a specific challenge, leadership and service to community, and academic achievement, and demonstrates commitment to furthering his or her education after high school. Go to http://www.vtvsa.org/scholarships-awards
to get more information and to apply online or by coming to the Career and College Counseling Center, lower level of the MAC and see Mrs. Baillargeon for a paper application and more information. Deadline: March 17, 2017. 2017 St. Andrew's Society of Vermont Cultural Grants
- If you are a Vermont resident or St. Andrew's Society of Vermont member, regardless of residency, who will enroll or who is enrolled in studying Scottish history, language, arts, literature, dance and/or music, then you should apply for this grant. Go to http://wwwstandrewssocietyofvermont.org
for more information and to obtain the application. Deadline: May 3, 2017.2017 Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital Auxiliary's Scholastic Achievement Award
- If you are attending an approved post-secondary school during the upcoming academic year studying a career in healthcare, you should apply for this award. Deadline: March 16, 2017. Applications must be at the hospital on the deadline date by the end of the business day by 5:00 pm. You can obtain an application from the Career and College Counseling Center (lower level of the MAC) from Mrs. Baillargeon.2017 Caledonia Maple Association Inc. Award
- The Caledonia Maple Association is sponsoring an award to a deserving graduating senior from Caledonia or Essex County High School. To be eligible to apply for this award, you must be involved with the production of maple products and Community Service Activities. For more information and to obtain the application, come to the Career and College Counseling Center (lower level of the MAC) and see Mrs. Baillargeon. Application Deadline: May 12, 2017.2017 NorthCountry Community Service Award
- This award rewards those students who have worked hard to make significant positive impacts in their community. You must be a high school senior who attends school in one of the following counties: Addison, Caledonia, Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans or Washington. You can come to the Career and College Counseling Center, middle floor of the MAC, and see Mrs. Baillargeon to obtain more information and the application form. Deadline: March 31, 2017. QASymphony Scholarship
- QA Symphony, a leading global provider of software testing tools designed to help agile development and QA teams create better software by improving speed, efficiency and collaboration during the testing process is offering a scholarship to high school students who graduate in 2017 and have been accepted into a college or university and students currently enrolled in a college or university. A short essay (500 min word) on "why you believe software development or software testing is important" is required. Application and essay are to be done online at https://www.qasymphony.com/scholarship
. Deadline: November 1, 2017. The Print and Graphic Scholarship Foundation
- This is a not-for-profit, private, industry-directed organization that dispenses undergraduate college scholarships and graduate fellowship assistance to men and women interested in graphic communication careers. Students must be pursuing a career in printing technology, printing management, or graphic communication. Go to https://pgsf.org
for more information and to apply for the scholarship.
Deadline: March 1, 2017.Diabetes Scholars Foundation Scholarship
- The Diabetes Scholars Foundation college scholarship is available to high school seniors with Type 1 diabetes and who are US citizens or permanent residents seeking a higher education at an accredited four year university, college, technical or trade school. For more information and to apply for one of the scholarships available go to http://diabetesscholars.org/college-scholarship
. Deadline: April 15, 2017. Women in Technology Scholarship - Studysoup.com
- They are offering a $1,000 scholarship to women seeking a career in computer science and/or computer programming. It will be awarded to an outstanding female student who demonstrates a passion for computer science and/or computer programming and is actively seeking opportunities for a meaningful career in the industry. For more information and to apply go to https://studysoup.com/women-in-technology-scholarship
. Deadline: May 5, 2017. Vermont Golf Association Scholarship
- Vermont Golf Association Scholarship Fund, Inc. - This fund assists deserving Vermont resident students in obtaining a college education or technical training of university grade. An applicant must be a resident of the State of Vermont, a high school graduate and must be enrolled in, or accepted as a full-time student at a college/university or technical school of university grade. The scholarship is available online only by going to http://www.vtga.org/scholarship_app.html
. Deadline: May 1, 2017.
Vermont Association of Educational Office Professionals Scholarship
- In memory of Marion T. Wood - To apply for this scholarship an applicant must maintain a 2.8 (of a possible 4.0) GPA for the one-year period of the scholarship. The applicant shall be enrolled/expect to enroll as a full-time student in an institution of higher education (two-or four-year college, university, business college/school, or vocational/technical school). For application information and to obtain the guidelines needed to apply, please come to the Career and College Counseling Center and see Mrs. Baillargeon. Deadline: April 1, 2017. United Motorcyclists of Vermont Scholarships
- The United Motorcyclists of Vermont scholarships are available to Vermont residents regardless of age who are seeking to further their education by attending an accredited school, tech school, college, university, etc. These scholarships are awarded based on membership, community service and involvement, application effort, school involvement and grades, financial need and other considerations. For more information and application come to the Career and College Counseling Center. Deadline: March 31, 2017. The American Legion Legacy Scholarship
- The American Legion Legacy Scholarship is now available. This is an online application. Go to www.legion.org/scholarships/legacy
to see if you qualify to apply and for more information on this scholarship. Deadline: April 20, 2017. Hood Sportsmanship Scholarship -
Three student athletes from each state in New England will receive an award toward furthering their education at a two-or four-year accredited college or university. This is for high school seniors who have displayed a high degree of sportsmanship while participating in a varsity high school sport. You must also have earned a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher and performed volunteer work in the community. For more information and to apply go to www.hood.com
. Deadline: March 6, 2017. The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund, Inc. - College Scholarships for the Academic Year 2017-2018 -
This scholarship fund offers renewable, four year scholarships to students with financial need who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others (school, community, at home), a strong work ethnic, be able to overcome obstacles and/or achieve future goals, and possess leadership qualities. For more information on applying and required materials for this scholarship go to www.phillips-scholarship.org
. The Application for High School Students will be available online on their website in early January 2017. Deadline: May 1, 2017. There is an Early Response Deadline - April 3, 2017, for high school students who have their financial aid information already from the college they plan to attend.
EPSCoR CWDD Student Scholarship -
Vermont EPSCoR CWDD(Center for Workforce Development & Diversity) is offering scholarships to selected Native American (including Abenaki) and First Generation college students who enter STEM majors (science, technology, engineering, math) at a Vermont college or university. You must be a Vermont resident and a United States citizen, a graduating senior at a Vermont high school planning to attend a Vermont college during the next academic year or a current undergraduate enrolled in a degree program at a Vermont college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above, enrolling or enrolled in a STEM major in college, or of Native American ancestry or a first generation college student. For more information and to complete the online application go to www.uvm.edu/~cwdd/scholarships
. Deadline: April 3, 2017.
Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Award -
Abbott & Fenner are committed to helping those who have the desire and ambition to succeed. The scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on their topic of choice which is on the website. It should be between 500 and 1000 words. Submissions must be sent to them by email at email@example.com. Deadline: June 12, 2017. For more information go to https://www.abbottandfenner.com
for more information.
Apartment List Scholarship -
Apartment List is offering a scholarship to an outstanding student who exemplifies one or more of Apartment List's core values, bold while pragmatic, endlessly helpful, making an impact, driven by data, succeeding together, and forever learning. You must be at least 18 years old, a legal U.S. resident, currently attending high school and will be attending an accredited university or college in the next academic year. For more information on how to apply go to https://apartmentlist.com/scholarship
. Deadline: March 1, 2017.
Chris Antonelli New England Scholarship Fund -
This is an independent charitable organization which offers scholarship awards to any senior who is going to pursue a career field of study with mentally challenged individuals. For more information and to obtain an application you can go to http://www.uctne.org
, click on applications and print it off or you can come to the Career and College Counseling Center to obtain the application. Deadline: March 1, 2017.
Journalism Education Foundation of New England - New England Newspaper & Press Association - (NENPA) -
Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded. The foundation strives to encourage and support young people who plan to enter the newspaper field. You must be a senior, a resident of New England, plan to attend college the following year or an undergraduate college student studying journalism or a related field and demonstrate a serious interest in journalism. To obtain complete qualifications and for the application form you can either go to www.nenpa.com/story/scholarships
or you can come to the Career and College Counseling Center and obtain the qualifications and application. Deadline: March 1, 2017.Knights of Columbus Vermont State Council - 47th Annual Scholastic Achievement Awards Program -
There will be five scholarships to be awarded this year. This scholarship is given to assist in your education at an accredited school or college of your choice. To qualify you must be a son or daughter of a Knight of Columbus (paternal or legally adopted) in good standing in a subordinate Council within the Vermont jurisdiction are eligible. Sons or daughters of deceased members are also eligible if their father was in good standing at the time of his death. An applicant may be a member of the Knights of Columbus or a member of a Columbian Squires Circle, in the jurisdiction of Vermont and a high school senior qualifying to graduate in June 2017. You can obtain the information and application for this scholarship by coming to the Career and College Counseling Center. Deadline: March 10, 2017.
15th Annual WACE 2016-2017 National Co-Op Scholarship Program -
WACE encourages minority and female students and students interested in science, mathematics, engineering and technology to apply for this merit co-op scholarship. To be eligible you must apply to one of the ten WACE Partner Institutions which are: Clarkson University, Drexel University, Johnson & Wales University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York Oswego, The University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, University of Massachusetts Lowell, and Wentworth Institute of Technology. Applicants must be current high school seniors or transfer students and have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better. Go to www.waceinc.org
and click on co-op scholarship program for more information and click on scholarship partners page for deadlines.
American Legion Auxiliary - Children of Warriors National President's Scholarship - Seniors -
15 scholarships will be awarded for 2017. For this award you must be daughters, sons, grandsons, granddaughters, great-granddaughters, great-grandsons of veterans who served in the Armed Forces during eligibility dates for membership in The American Legion. For an application and rules you can either come to the Career and College Counseling Center and see Mrs. Baillargeon or you can go to www.alaforveterans.org
. Deadline: March 1, 2017.
The American Legion Department Scholarship Program
- The American Legion Department Scholarship program is offering the Ray Greenwood Scholarship
($1500), Charles N. Barber Scholarship
($1,000) and (10) $500.00 scholarships. You must be a U.S. resident, and be a senior attending a Vermont Secondary School, or a similar school in an adjoining state, whose parents are legal residents of the State of Vermont or a senior residing in an adjacent state whose normal high school attendance area is a Vermont Secondary School. Go to www.vtlegion.org
for more information. You can obtain an Application Form from Mrs. Baillargeon in the Career and College Counseling Center. Deadline is April 1, 2017.National Society Daughter's of the American Revolution -
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution award many scholarships for students who will pursue degrees in history, law, nursing, education as well as general and an American Indian scholarship. Go to www.dar.org
to obtain information on these scholarships and their deadlines.Affordable Colleges.com -
Affordable Colleges.com has a guide that is a free resource which offers scholarships and financial aid information for all women pursuing higher education. They want to connect more female students with the financial opportunities they need. Go to www.affordablecolleges.com/scholarships-for-women
for more information and to look at what the site has to offer.
The Eugene McDermott Scholars Program -
This scholars program is more than just a scholarship as it conforms to each Scholar's interests. This selective undergraduate merit award includes tuition, stipend, study abroad and professional development funding. If you are planning to apply to The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas then you should go to this website to see if you qualify for this scholarship and to get more information about the program and the deadlines. Go to www.utdallas.edu/mcdermott
Montana State University
- Fall 2017 Non-Resident Freshman Scholarships - Seniors - If you are considering Montana State University is where you would like to apply go to www.montana.edu/admissions/scholarships/index.html
for details about their Fall 2017 Freshman scholarships.