Information Literacy is a set of skills that enable a student to participate actively and intelligently in an information based community such as Lyndon Institute. Faculty and staff will support students in how to efficiently, effectively and accurately use the Internet and digital tools in a classroom setting.
Information Literacy Objectives
- Safely and effectively use the Internet.
- Demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- Use digital media to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- Apply digital tools to gather, evaluate and use information.
- Understand human, cultural and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems and operations.