JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Lyndon Institute is a unique academic community providing students with excellent preparation for success in school, college, careers, and life.
We welcome over 500 students from 20 countries, several U.S. states and over 24 area towns and villages. We are grateful for the amazing diversity this combination of students creates and our community is grateful too. Many of our international students are befriended by area families and this offers a unique opportunity for our international students to experience life in America.
We strive to provide a positive and safe learning environment. Our school is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the United States, the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. This provides us unlimited access to fresh air, mountain views, beautiful walks, and scenic runs. Our students are accustomed to being outside and enjoying nature.
A Community School
Founded in 1867, LI has a deep-set relationship with our neighbors. Our 150-acre campus is comprised of 34 buildings, many of them dating back to the early 20th century. LI is a positive presence and contributing member of the community. Our students participate in a number of community service projects. Several on-campus amenities are available to the public: the Track (for fitness walking and running); the Simpson Nature Trail (hikes and picnics); the athletic fields (for youth programs); and other facilities host performances and continuing education programs in our Alumni Auditorium.
Vermont has been rated the Healthiest State in the United States for six years in a row.
Learning is not limited to the school day; learning also takes place after school. Learning happens in the resident halls, on the playing fields, during recreation time, when students are with their families and friends or out in the community providing service.
The size of Lyndon Institute is such that students and faculty are able to form strong relationships and all members of the community have a sense of belonging.
It is the policy of Lyndon Institute not to discriminate on the basis of a student’s or family member’s actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, age, military/uniformed service or veteran status, disability, or other legally-protected classification in the provision and administration of its education programs, activities, services, and access provided to the public, in accordance with and to the limits of applicable requirements of state and federal laws. Lyndon Institute complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other applicable state and federal laws with respect to accommodating individuals with disabilities. Lyndon Institute provides special education to eligible students in accordance with the School’s special education approval from the State of Vermont, state and federal legal requirements, the School’s policies and in coordination with the student’s school district.
Title IX: Kasey Potter
- Mar17Update Regarding Transition to Online LearningDear LI Students and Families: ...See Details
- Feb26Lyndon Institute Announces Mike Lowe as Assistant Head for AdvancementLyndon Institute (LI) is pleased to anno...See Details
- Feb19Project Bike Tech: Much more than Bike MechanicsProject Bike Tech (PBT) is a two-year pr...See Details
- Feb6Not Your Grandfather’s Shop ClassCareer and Technical Education (CTE) pre...See Details
- Jan31LI Theater Company Announces Vermont Drama Festival EntryThe multi-award-winning Lyndon Institute...See Details
- Jan27Dan Nolan Named as Head Football Coach at Lyndon InstituteLyndon Institute Director of Athletics a...See Details
- Jan22Lyndon Institute’s Focus On Flexible PathwaysAt its core, the concept of flexible pat...See Details
- Jan22Lyndon Institute 2nd Quarter Honor Roll High Honors Grade 9 Br...See Details